|Hanging out with Mobi from BrainPop in the Convention Center at TCEA.|
Mentimeter is a site that allows teachers to quickly and easily poll their students.
Here's what makes Mentimeter so great for the classroom:
- It's free!
- Teachers do not have to install any software or register/sign in to the site to ask a question - just go to mentimeter.com and type in a question.
- There is no limit to the amount of students who can be polled or the amount of questions that can be created.
- To answer a question, students type a simple URL into their browser (or scan a QR code) - no log in required.
- Students can only answer a question once per device - if they try to answer twice, they are told that they have already answered that question.
- Responses are displayed in real time for teachers to project from their computer (teachers also have the options to hide the results until everyone has voted).
- Poll your students periodically throughout the lesson to keep them engaged while simultaneously gaining feedback for yourself about class mastery as a whole.
- Ask the same question at the beginning and end of a lesson, and let students compare the results to see what they learned.
- When teaching about graphing, math teachers could poll their students and use the results as an example of a bar graph.