Our Instructional Technology team has used Today's Meet as a backchannel tool for the past two years. We found that it works best when one person manages the backchannel, while the other person presents/teaches. It really gives the audience a true opportunity to participate and ask questions, especially when time is limited.
- Create a Today's Meet room for students to comment and ask questions during a lecture. Have a trusted student manage the backchannel during the presentation.
- Offer a backchannel setting during independent or group work and allow students to assit others. The teacher would monitor in this situation.
- Allow students a place to post questions about homework. These questions could be answered the next day during class.
- Administration could also use Today's Meet during a campus meeting, it works great for large groups.
- This could also be used during a questioning/response activity.