How to Use it in Your Classroom:
1. Since the app is not free, fill out the iTunes Apps Purchasing form in Formspace to request the app (if 20 or more copies are purchased, you can get each app for half price through the Volume Purchase Program).
2. Download the app with the voucher code you receive from the Technology Department.
3. Go to Restrictions in the Settings app on your device and turn the Safari app OFF. This will make Browser for Kids the only way for your students to access the internet.
4. Open the app, click the gear in the upper righthand corner, set up a password, and enter in the sites that you want your students to access (you will need to do this on each device).
Classroom Integration Ideas:
- Set up the app so that the sites that are accessible correspond with the unit you are studying.
- Link a variety of educational websites to provide enrichment opportunities, when appropriate.